Moderate Exercise. At least thirty minutes a day. Think sweat, effort and heavy breathing. That’s what it takes to make a difference, right? I thought so. It turns out, I might have been wrong. At a recent conference at the Gold Coast, I nearly fell off my chair when Dr Liu Xin presented the results [...]
What makes regular exercisers tick? What makes them stick to an exercise schedule rain, hail or shine? What drives your colleague to munch on carrot and celery sticks for morning tea and actually look as though she is enjoying them? You’ve tried to emulate them. The exercise equipment you’ve spent your well-earned cash on is [...]
You know you could be making better choices with your food and exercise. It’s not that you’re not trying. It’s just so hard sometimes. I often have clients who blame themselves for being overweight or unfit. Our day to day habits can make a HUGE difference to our health but it is a double edged [...]
You want to make some healthy changes. You really do. You just need to get started. And keep going. What if you could make some healthy changes AND reward yourself along the way? I teach my clients about the effectiveness of using rewards when we’re creating new healthy habits. But I’ve struggled to use them [...]
We’ve all heard the statistics. We’re getting bigger. It’s affecting our health. We worry that we’ll end up with a chronic disease. Like type 2 diabetes. Or cancer. Perhaps you have type 2 diabetes and know that losing some weight is really going to improve your health. It’s not that we don’t try. The messages [...]
Excuses for avoiding exercise. I’ve had a lot of them over the years. Too tired. Too hot. Too…whatever! This last week, however, I’ve come up with my best one ever! I had done what I teach, which is to get my exercise clothes ready the night before. Unfortunately a small scorpion decided that my underwear [...]
Do you dream of living a life that takes your breath away? A life that ‘kicks ass’? You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. Jim Rohn. Who are you spending your time with? Here are twelve amazing women to hang out with online (in no particular order). I [...]
You’ve read about the importance of goal-setting. Perhaps, like me, it seems like you’ve been setting goals your whole life. You’ve felt the possibility and the hope. You’ve wished and dreamed. You’ve visualized and focused on goals that seem out of reach, off in the distance somewhere. There is another way. Barrie Davenport recently wrote [...]
A measly five minutes? What good could that possibly do? In fact, the 5 minutes is vital. For a while now, I’ve been advising clients who are making some healthy changes in their lives to set some SMART goals and to start small. I’ve suggested goals such as exercising for twenty minutes three times a [...]
You worry about your family’s health. So much that it hurts. If only they’d exercise more. Or start exercising. Or cut out the junk food. So you nag. You don’t mean to. It just happens. As an Olympic medallist in the field of nagging, I can tell you conclusively that it doesn’t work. [...]
- My Best Excuse For Avoiding Exercise: Or How to Avoid Being Bitten on the Backside by a Scorpion! July 8, 2012
- The Shocking Truth About Prolonged Sitting And Your Risk Of Dying September 30, 2012
- Confessions of a Diabetes Educator March 17, 2012
- Motivation – Unlocking the Mystery September 30, 2011
- 4 Things My Cat Can Teach You About Supercharging Your Health April 8, 2012
- Want To Get Healthy? 3 Must Have Apps That Make It Easy & Fun May 7, 2013
- Something I Probably Shouldn’t Tell You And What You Can Learn From It April 7, 2013
- How To Stop Procrastination March 22, 2013
- The Best Exercise To Lower Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes February 18, 2013
- Warning: You Could Be At Risk Of Type 2 Diabetes February 3, 2013
- Want To Get Healthy? 3 Must Have Apps That Make It Easy & Fun | Loving life with diabetes: [...] loved reading Lose Weight Fast and look forw...
- Claire: It IS hard to admit our imperfections sometimes, i...
- Michelle Clark: I do have to remind myself that I am not perfect a...
- Claire: Thanks Natalie. It\'s easy to forget to celebrate...
- Claire: Thanks Jules!...