Accountability. Motivation. Support. All super-important on your journey to better health. We often rely on our friends and family to provide them but if they’re not quite on the same page or you’d like to turbocharge your efforts, keep reading! I’ve been test-driving some Apps that can help you with all three AND make it [...]
You teach best what you most need to learn. Richard Bach You probably think a health coach is or should be perfect. With super-human willpower. They breeze through life oblivious to the struggles and temptations of mere mortals. Making healthy choices comes as easily to them as breathing. If only. In the spirit of letting [...]
You know you should be doing it. Soon. Right after you’ve checked the email, cleaned the toilet and dusted Aunty Molly’s antique vase. It’s amazing what else you can get done when you’re procrastinating on the one thing you know you should be doing. You tell yourself that these other things are super-important. Deep down [...]
Today I want to share some new research with you that found that weight training lowered the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. We know that exercise improves the insulin sensitivity if you have type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. This means that the insulin in your body works better and moves the glucose from your [...]
Diabetes is something other people get, right? Um, no. Not only is it becoming more common, around half the people with type 2 diabetes don’t know they have it. Ignorance is definitely not bliss in this case! If you don’t know you have diabetes, you can’t treat it. If you don’t treat it, it won’t [...]
You’re serious about making some changes. Your motivation is high. But you might be about to sabotage all your good work if you’re making any of these mistakes. All or nothing thinking You may need to make a lot of changes to turn your health around. Your doctor has been on your back. Your nearest [...]
It seems like only yesterday I was decorating the Christmas tree and wondering where 2011 had gone. Now almost 365 precious days later, we are preparing for Christmas again. At this time of year I find myself a little introspective. For me, it is a time to reflect on what did and didn’t go well [...]
We are an instant society. We expect instant results and weight loss is no exception. Lose Weight Fast by one of Australia’s leading dietitians, Susie Burrell, shows you what you can achieve safely. Susie doesn’t pull any punches and you’ll find exactly what you need to move forward with your weight loss. The sooner you [...]
Making changes can be hard. Often we try and then just give up. The changes we need to make just seem so unachievable. I’ll be showcasing the experiences of two of my inspirational clients to show you how small changes we can make every day can have a huge impact on our health. (Names and [...]
You’re feeling a little smug. You’ve actually started to exercise regularly. While you may not quite love it yet, you can now be counted among the minority of people who exercise regularly. You’re increasing your life expectancy and reducing your risk of a range of conditions you can hardly pronounce. However your rosy little world [...]
- My Best Excuse For Avoiding Exercise: Or How to Avoid Being Bitten on the Backside by a Scorpion! July 8, 2012
- The Shocking Truth About Prolonged Sitting And Your Risk Of Dying September 30, 2012
- Confessions of a Diabetes Educator March 17, 2012
- Motivation – Unlocking the Mystery September 30, 2011
- 4 Things My Cat Can Teach You About Supercharging Your Health April 8, 2012
- Want To Get Healthy? 3 Must Have Apps That Make It Easy & Fun May 7, 2013
- Something I Probably Shouldn’t Tell You And What You Can Learn From It April 7, 2013
- How To Stop Procrastination March 22, 2013
- The Best Exercise To Lower Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes February 18, 2013
- Warning: You Could Be At Risk Of Type 2 Diabetes February 3, 2013
- Want To Get Healthy? 3 Must Have Apps That Make It Easy & Fun | Loving life with diabetes: [...] loved reading Lose Weight Fast and look forw...
- Claire: It IS hard to admit our imperfections sometimes, i...
- Michelle Clark: I do have to remind myself that I am not perfect a...
- Claire: Thanks Natalie. It\'s easy to forget to celebrate...
- Claire: Thanks Jules!...